Monday, March 1, 2010

People have agreed to give their love away...I can't wait to be there in line.

I was looking through old pictures today and found this picture...

Not my greatest picture but what an exciting night!! That is Gabby on the far left, Thuy next to her. Me on the far right and Natalie next to me. In the center?!?! The lead singer (on the right) from Freshlyground and another band member, she plays all of the fun instruments like the violin (on the left).

So if you don't know who Freshlyground is, they are a band from South Africa. They actually started while all in school at the University of Cape Town where I was studying in 2008. In a neighborhood in Cape Town called Obs or Observatory, we ran into the two women on a night out. We had been at their concert a few nights before and so when we saw them walking down the street we just had to stop them for a picture.

I also found this short clip from the concert (it was taken by my friend Alexis). Just sitting here listening to it makes me happy and transports me back to South Africa. I hope you enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment