Thursday, February 18, 2010

The two week waiting period

I decided, after a weekend like the last, that every idea that either Dustin or I have has to make it through the two week waiting period. We can't act on this idea until the period has passed. I think this will save us a lot of money, frustration, stress, and anger.

The reason I came up with the the waiting period is because we decided to reupholster our couches this weekend. I know that is a daunting task but for some reason we thought it would be a good idea to do this the weekend before Dustin's parents came to town. In our defense it was very easy to take it apart and we thought we knew what we were doing.


This is just before beginning to demolish the couch. Here is the process!




Some of the fabric at the fabric store. What a fun trip to see rows and rows of bolts of beautiful fabrics. It was just so hard to choose.




















We started putting the first arm onto the couch. The hardest part of the job.
 










 


Finished!! Well almost...



























Going back to the two week waiting period. We still have the second, larger couch to finish and I don't think we realized what a big task this would be. But that will be for another weekend. Right now though I am proud of our work, just need to sew the pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment